Saturday, March 7, 2015

Some interview question for receptionist position (Part 2)


Today, we will see more interview questions for receptionist position in hotel:

5.    On a scale from one to ten, How Would You Rate an Importance of a Receptionist in a Hotel, if we talk about overall impression of a guest?

I would say 10. Receptionist is the first, and the last, person guests talk to. If she makes a good first impression, it will be easier for the other staff members to carry on it. On the other hand, if she makes a wrong first impression, everyone else will be in trouble.

I would give her ten. I believe that in a good hotel everything has to be perfect. From start to finish. Receptionists, maids, waitresses, everyone has to do the job well, so the guests have no reason to complain and oppositely, they will come back again. I act in my job according to that. Even if I had a bad day in personal life, I would never let it to influence my performance in work.

6.    Can You Work Night Shifts? Would You Mind Working Twelve Hours a Day?

I can definitely work during the night. I do not have children, so there is no reason for me to be at home at night. I am flexible and count with night shift option.

I would not mind working twelve hours a day. In my previous job it was not uncommon that I worked even for fourteen hours a day sometimes. So I am used to do it and am able to stay focused for a long time.

7.    Client calls you. He wants to book twenty rooms for forty people. But we have only ten rooms available. What will you do?

Twenty rooms is a lot and we should not lose the client. On the other hand, we can not cancel the reservations of other guests, because everyone is important and each guest can share both positive and negative feedback on the hotel. Therefor I would probably say to the client that I have to check the availability for him and that I will call him back in ten minutes. I would go to the manager and discuss with him the options we have.

I would strongly apologize and say that we had only ten rooms available. However, I would recommend the following solution: He takes ten remaining rooms in our hotel, and I take care of the reservation of ten other rooms in a hotel nearby (or in a partnering hotel). I am sure I would find one with ten rooms available and book a place for remaining guests there. Doing this, I do for the client something extraordinary. At the same time, we do not lose a business and complete our capacity. Everything would be great. Of course before doing all of this, I would consult my manager to ensure it corresponds with the hotel policies.

8.    If a guest accused you of bad service, what would you do?

First of all, this is unlikely to happen, as I always do my job in a responsible way and try to exceed the expectations of every guest. But if it happened, I would apologize, ask what I did wrong and try to correct my mistake.

I would apologize and try to correct my mistake. If I was unable to do it, I would offer him help of my manager. Anyway, I would stay calm, listen to his needs and complaints. I would always remember the lesson I learned in that situation, in order to be able to approach another guest in a better way next time, if similar problem occurred.
--------------------------------
>>> Updating hospitality manpower news at Hospitality Manpower Blog
http://hospitalitymanpower.blogspot.com
>>> Find out more manpower services supply
http://vnmanpower.com

1 comment: